Monday, December 30, 2019

To be Responsible is to ACT




This is a continuation of my previous post "And what if I am a Piece of Shit?"

I always believed that, as long as I don't actually do anything, I can't do anything wrong! lol I was always very afraid of 'failing', of making mistakes, of 'screwing up' and of 'doing the wrong thing' and then later realizing that 'omg, I fucked up!' And that attitude then sort of placed me in a position of looking at all the people who WERE doing things and who WERE expressing themselves, and then playing 'judge'. Judging them for the mistakes or the misguided decisions I saw them make.

Cause now THEY're the 'abusers'. Cause, THEY're the ones doing all the things. Not me though. I'm not hurting a fly! Cause I'm not doing shit lol. I'm just miss goody-two-shoes who never does anything wrong. Just a 'dear little soul', sitting nicely in the corner, 'well-behaved', and never doing anything out of her own 'volition'.

But then, who am I actually living for? Certainly not for me, if I'm not willing to simply take responsibility for my actions, or non-actions. Cause that's what living is, isn't it? What it means to be alive. It's to express yourself and to take responsibility for the consequences of those actions. To stand accountable and responsible. AND to take action to direct things in a way you see is best. I mean if you are really a living being, and you see that things aren't right, then you will act to 'make them right'.

And yeah you might make some mistakes, and you might realize that some things you did were a bit 'misguided'. But that's why you make sure that you do your 'due diligence'. That you investigate and research things before taking action. Don't just act on impulse. Or on your thoughts, feelings or emotions. Just look at what's here, apply common sense, and then act. Even though you may still not have ALL the information. Some things, yeah, you need to realize by doing, and then investigating again. Some things are just a 'learning process'. So, better to ACT and take responsibility for the consequences, than to not do anything at all. At least then you can say, "I've lived."

No comments:

Post a Comment