Saturday, December 7, 2019

Where to Start with Practical Change?



This is a continuation of my previous post "Forgetting Why we Do what we Do"

The performing monkey. You catch a glimpse sometimes of what's really hiding behind everything. And in that one moment letting go of all of it seems like the only thing that makes sense. After all, how could you just go back to things when you see so clearly that it's always been a lie? It seems like, that one realization is like a new breath of life. And you can start all over again. 

But the reality is different. Yes, you have a deeper understanding, and you realized something. And yes, it was substantial and transcendental. BUT, you don't actually transcend the mind by realizing something in just one moment. Because, what is the mind? The mind is a machine that stands equal with the physical body. It's infused into every little part and particle of 'you' within and as the body.

And, just like the body will continue pumping blood and doing it's 'normal routine', so will the mind simply continue it's routine. And, so will you within your body and mind, go back to your routine.

That's why, realizations are worthless. If you really want to change, you need to start getting practical. Figure out how the machine works in real-time and start changing the real-time moments.

How does the machine around the performing monkey programming operate in real-time? And what are the behaviors that I can start practically changing in moments? What behaviors am I doing from a starting point of 'performing', where I'm creating a 'separation' from my expression?

It's not easy, walking this 'real-time' process. Catching myself 'in the act'. Because, as I said, it's all routine. And I've never questioned that routine before. It was 'working for me'. Very dysfunctionally, sure, but it was working enough for me to not feel the need to question it.

No comments:

Post a Comment