Monday, September 28, 2020

Relaxation is... Not Doing Anything


 

 

This is a continuation of my previous post "Relaxation is...Understanding People"

Or, let me rephrase that. It’s to not do any of the things that your thoughts tell you to do. I’ve certainly always had that feeling within myself that somehow things are not ‘enough’. That whatever I’m doing, or whatever I have, or have achieved and done and accomplished, isn’t ‘enough’. I must do MORE! I must do BETTER! I’m not good enough yet! And it does create just a ‘generalized anxiety’ experience in me.

So relaxation is to not ‘do’ any of that. To be Ok with not doing anything. Or rather, to only just do the simple things. The things that support you in your life. The essentials. And ignore the constant ‘bubbling’ thoughts that come up with this excitement/anxiety attached to it, going ‘hey what about this?’, ‘and what about that?’, and ‘we could do this!’ or ‘we should do that!’

It’s to ‘take it easy’. Find out what life and living is really about, without what the mind is constantly trying to tell me about what it means to ‘live’, which is apparently to do this, and that, and the next thing. Which more then actually ends up fuelling emotional/feeling energy, and more thoughts and excitement/anxiety, than support me with being settled and grounded within myself. It’s like just attention diversion the whole time. Like hey lets place all of your attention on all these different things you apparently should be doing, so you don’t recognize or realize what it really means to LIVE. So you don’t get that living is to be HERE. To let all of that go, and BE.

Like, who are you even under all that constant chatter and rushedness and never feeling ‘good enough’, and the constant sense of having to prove yourself? Or what will you find if you were able to let go of all that? If you stop TRYING to be ‘good enough’ by doing a million things at once. Me, I don’t know lol. But I’m going to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment