Wednesday, November 27, 2019

What I must do as a Human Being on Earth



This is a continuation of the previous post "The Hell we make Ourselves"

Imagine the entire future of earth being solely in YOUR hands. Imagine the absolute specificity that would be required from you. In my post "To be Passionate" I looked at how that absolute specificity actually already exists in how the body functions. In order for it to function properly and live and thrive, the heart must be constantly pumping. The cells must be constantly moving. Every little process must be in every moment 'on point' and 'giving its all', not missing a beat. I mean, THAT is specificity. Everything must be 'in tune with' and 'tuned into' it's purpose, and function solely according to that purpose - to support the body's overall health.

I know that I myself am definitely not living that specificity yet. Cause there are just so many moments wherein I am not present. Moments wherein I 'drift off' into imagination or some thought-pattern or feeling or emotion. Where I 'lose touch' and 'lose track' of what's here and of my 'purpose', to take care of this world and support it's overall health. Just like the cells in the body have that purpose, such is also my purpose as a human being on planet earth. To truly be aware in every moment of what my 'role' is in the whole of this existence and what I must do to ensure the optimal functioning and thriving of existence.

It is actually shocking to think that I have never even considered or realized myself as being like a 'cell' within the body. Because, that is literally what I am - a cell in/on the body of earth. My actions, participation and interactions have an impact on the world that I live in, in the exact same way that the actions of the cells in the body impact the body. So why would I expect all the cells in the body to 'do their job' to keep me healthy and alive, while not having that same expectation of myself? Why should I not be equal to a cell in the body and what is expected of that cell?


No comments:

Post a Comment