Friday, February 7, 2020

I Love Myself



 This is a continuation of my previous post "The Purpose of a Relationship"

I love myself. I've been starting to say that to myself. But then I was like 'well what does that mean?'. It means 'I do what is best for me'. I guess that's why 'love' is always such a 'general' kind of word. Cause it basically means EVERYTHING. A commitment to do what's best for myself.

I mean I've never loved myself. In fact I've always hated myself. I couldn't stand myself. I'd use any opportunity to undermine myself, hurt myself, sabotage myself, bully myself. In fact, I feel like that's kind of how these blogs started. Cause I was 'getting somewhere' with myself. So then a point came up. I realized a 'mistake' I had made. A point I hadn't been considering in my process. And all of a sudden I plunged into deep despair and self-judgement, beating up on myself over "how could I have missed this?!!"

And I thought I was supporting myself but it was coming from quite a self-sabotaging starting point, cause at the end of the day it was just an opportunity for the mind to make me 'fall' and falter and give up on what I was doing, which was slowly but surely learning to support myself.

And I mean yeah at the end of the day this was all 'necessary' in the sense that I did end up realizing an important point. Just the whole emotional self-chastising around it made me doubt the process that I was already walking with myself and just intensified this whole programming of self-hate. Which has now just been another 'layer' for me to walk through, ultimately ending up at the same realization, that I need to really start loving myself. So it's interesting how the mind could take a small point, like a realization that 'I missed a point in my process' and spin so much information around it to get you to 'fall' while making you believe you're actually supporting yourself, and make you not even recognize just how much emotional trauma you're actually putting yourself through.

All because you didn't understand that the information you accept as 'real' is what you 'create' as your 'reality'. So that is now your internal reality. Until you start questioning all the suffering you're going through internally and realize that it was all not real to begin with, but merely reactions to 'information' that you unquestioningly 'accepted' as real. Which all went according to the mind's plan. And that, your real focus should be on forgiving that suffering and learning to love yourself unconditionally, and to essentially ignore the 'information' the mind wants you to believe.

So, I made quite a tumble. With some consequences as a result lol. But, I did come to some valuable understandings and realizations, so I have that going for me. Which is nice.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I can very much relate. I had been approaching process from within a starting point of self judgement, even doing 'self forgiveness' from within self judgement, sort of in a way more dragging me down, bashing myself with a purpose of 'correcting' myself so that I could fit into my perception of what is 'right'/'superior'.. Which was all based on programming. But failing to see that and so, in a way just sabotaging more and more, having a harder and harder time to move myself. Because I did not come from a place of self love, honor, respect, value, dignity. Where I recognize the best of me, my principles and me as a being. And from there decide what I will change. Then the change does not become a compromise, but an actual giving to myself, a letting go or adding based on who I self honestly want to be and become. Interesting how we will perceive process like anything else based on our programming, where we then can even go so far as end up blaming this thing outside ourselves when it is 'not working', all the while it was oneself just interpreting information based on ones own programming and within that creating ones own experience. muah! & hugs /ida

    ReplyDelete