Sunday, April 12, 2020

To practically live a word

 


In my process so far of living this word Safe Haven, what I've discovered is that pretty much EVERYTHING about me in terms of the 'me' I've come to accept and believe myself to be, is the complete opposite of this word. And that therefore it's been 'challenging' to sort of hold the word inside of me and consistently 'live' it.

I mean yes there is the practical ways to live the word in physical reality, which does help a lot. To just look at what it would practically speaking mean to live and apply this word. But I've found that there is also the 'internal' aspect of living the word, and that's where I've found it to be a bit more challenging. Because, on an internal level as I said my 'default' is to live and experience and perceive  and 'be' just the opposite as 'who I am' in the mind.

Like if you read all the 'points' I've connected with the word Safe Haven in the photo, and you take the opposite of each point, you'd get how I basically exist within and as my mind. So I figured, 'Ok maybe I just need to more specifically define what a Safe Haven is exactly, to make it easier for myself to live it on that internal level'. Like creating a 'mind map' for myself, where basically every time I speak the word Safe Haven or bring it up or look at it within myself, it will automatically also bring up all these definitions I've connected with it. Just like, when you speak or think a word in your mind, there's all these preprogrammed definitions that come up along with it as the sort of 'placeholder' for that word within you, or how that word has been 'anchored' and defined and how it 'exists' within you. So it kind of seems only 'right' that you'd need to create similar 'place-holders' for the word(s) you're deciding to live.

But then again, looking at it now, even though it does make sense to clearly define what a word is or what it means for yourself, at the end of the day the only real way to live the word is on that physical 'external' level. To basically place more emphasis and focus on who you are and how you live on a physical practical level. Because if anything, that's the dimension that's always been missed with regards to how the mind defines words and how words have been programmed within us.

Where the words we live, or rather which we believe we're living, are more like abstract concepts and thoughts in our minds. Where we'll often believe we're living a word, like let's say honesty or integrity, but if and when we really start having a look at who and how we really are in our physical behavior and expression, we'll find we've actually been living the exact opposite of those words. Simply because, we never really got down into the nitty gritty of what these words are as LIVING words, as in physical things that actually EXIST. They're usually more connected with feelings and experiences on an external level. It's definitely one thing to BELIEVE that you're living a word, and a whole other thing to actually BE the word.

So maybe I should just forget about the 'internal dimension' of living the word altogether lol and purely focus on the physical. And in those moments where I maybe feel a bit 'confused' or where I feel my 'default' programming creeping up, I could just redirect my focus to my physical living and ask myself 'how can I in this moment physically live my word Safe Haven?' Because if anything, even that shift of focus from the mind to the physical is in itself already living the word, since everything about the mind is the opposite of a Safe Haven, while everything about the physical is actually a 'safe haven'.



 







No comments:

Post a Comment