Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Directed, Influenced and Defined by Desires



This is a continuation of my previous post "To Earn your Freedom"

There's actually quite a few 'desires' that I've been 'serving' as my 'masters'. Things I haven't really been honest about with myself. Desires that have just become 'part of me' and so I haven't been questioning them. Only now I'm starting to actually see that yes in fact I have been giving my power away to these desires and I haven't been 'standing' as a self-directed individual.

And with looking at the extent to which I've defined myself in those desires, it's actually looking like quite a challenge when I think about transcending them. So, just like I realized in my previous post, all I can do at this point is humble myself before the desires and at least just be honest with myself that yes I have become a slave to them. And no, I am not in fact real, as I am directed, influenced and defined by desires.

And, within being honest about it, get myself out of the point of laziness as I'm now having to 'become equal to my master' and so put the work and effort in that's required. Cause when you're at a point of self-honesty, you kind of have no choice but to push through and change. It's easy to not change things about yourself when you're not aware of them. But once you become aware, there's no going back. There is a responsibility that comes with seeing and being aware.

So now the process becomes, how to transcend and change a desire? The first step in that would be to pinpoint all the habits that support and sustain the desire. And then change those.

No comments:

Post a Comment