Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Life is 'all of us'



This is a continuation of my previous post "I am Not Special"

Something Matti said in a Facebook post is worth a mention here:
"Something Bernard once shared which has stuck with me and been of great value:
If someone shows you something - a principle, an application, an insight -- don't now present yourself as being the source of that principle / insight / application. You didn't see it because you were caught in your own illusions / programming.
Rather, take the time to walk and test what they shared with you and discover what it means to you in your unique way / process, and then share the process of change and self honesty you walked, how you benefitted from what was SHOWN to you."

Just because, pretty much everything I'm writing in these blogs, are things that have in a way been shown to me. Through Desteni, Bernard, Sunette, and other Destonians. I've just realized and discovered them for myself and so have been sharing it from that perspective. So it's like 'hey, I have realized and understood this, BUT I was first shown it. And even though I may not have understood it at the time it was shown to me, I do understand it now because I've taken it upon myself to walk that process'.

And I thought I'd dedicate a blog to that point because it's in a way a dimension I was 'missing', but is actually quite important. As in the dimension of, you sort of NEED 'allies'. That's why we are a 'group'. You do need to learn from others. And now that I look at it, I'm preaching to the choir lol. I know I tend to be like, "nah I'm good. I'll figure it all out on my own, thank you", and be a bit 'closed-minded' and not very 'open' to learning from others. But I've definitely sort of gotten the lid on my nose from that one, so I'm very careful to not go there again. And to sort of force myself to consider other people's perspectives.

You know, like read blogs and Facebook posts. Actually take an interest in what somebody else has to say and the process they're walking and what they've realized and understood. I know I can still do more. Like maybe listen to Eqafe a bit more, read through the chats more. These are the things I tend to neglect, but it's at the same time the things that support me the most in my process. Cause I happen to be an 'arrogant piece of shit' lol. But that's fine in a way, just something to be 'careful' of for me, and put 'measures' in place to 'curb the arrogance'.

To sort of recognize that, 'hey, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Desteni. And the work that was already done before me. And all the things I have been shown through them'. Things that I now get to show others as well. While keeping in mind that it's not about the 'individual'. It's about the 'group', and what we can learn from each other, how we can support each other and what we can create together. Cause LIFE is 'all of us'.


No comments:

Post a Comment